The Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in your lifelong spiritual journey, this sacrament celebrates and enacts the embrace of God. The Catholic Catechism describes baptism in the following light,
“Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: “Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water and in the word.” (1213)
For children under the age of 7 the first step is to pick up a baptismal packet at the Pastoral Center or to have a packet emailed to you, please send an email to email@example.com
General Baptism Guidelines
- Read and complete packet.
- Attend a Baptism class (if parents and godparents have not had a baptism class in the last five (5) years).
- A copy of child’s state certified birth certificate must be turned in.
- The child must have at least one godparent who is a practicing Catholic, has received all his sacraments and if married, married in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s baptism will not be scheduled until all required paperwork has been turned in and verified
For any additional questions please call Tami Esparza at 210-651-6913 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org