Confirmation deepens the baptismal gifts and is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. This sacrament is sealed with the Holy Spirit. “By the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed (1285, Catechism of the Catholic Church).”
High School Confirmation
OLPH high school Confirmation is open to all high school age youth of the parish who have received the sacraments of Baptism and First Holy Communion. This program provides catechesis for those who will be confirmed. Continual faith development opportunities of those who have already received the sacrament can be found on the Youth Ministry page.
Requirements for the reception of the sacrament of confirmation:
- Have been actively involved in religious education in a school or parish and/or Youth Ministry for at least 2 years.
- Are in the 9th grade or above
- Have been baptized and received Eucharist (supply a copy of baptismal certificate.) Those who have not received reconciliation and Eucharist will need to attend High School Sacramental Preparation.
- Complete all catechetical, spiritual and service components required within their time of preparation
- Sunday Mass attendance
- Minimal absences and active participation in weekly sessions.
For more information about Confirmation please contact Amy Rubio at 210.651.6913 x112 or at firstname.lastname@example.org