Sacrament of Marriage Information
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament (1601, Catechism of the Catholic Church).”
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
We are excited that you are preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony with us! It is our hope and prayer that through your journey of preparation, you will acquire a deeper understanding of what God’s plan is for your marriage, and that you will learn the truths and virtues you’ll need to live out your new vocation.
- Read through the Sacramental Marriage Guide by clicking here: Sacramental Marriage Guide
- Contact Bernadette Renteria at 210-651-6913 ext: 104 or email@example.com to schedule your initial appointment.
*****For a couple to be married or have their marriage validated at OLPH Parish, the following conditions must be met:
- Both parties must have reached their 18th birthday by the date of the wedding.
- Preparation must begin six months prior to date planned
- If either party has been previously married, special requirements have to be met, i.e. annulment process. The wedding date cannot be scheduled until the annulment is granted,and the final decree is presented.
Click below to view links about marriage enrichment: